FlaRBO Host of the Month
Florida Rental By Owners (FlaRBO) is excited to introduce you to one of our incredible hosts from Manasota Key. If you haven’t heard of this little gem of an island you’re in for a treat. Our host has a passion for Manasota Key and for his vacation rental guests that he hosts at his condos. Our October hosts are John and Maria Klein of Manasota Key Condos, who share their insider tips and epic things to discover on this beautiful, low key, laid back Gulf of Mexico island.
1. What inspired you to start hosting your Florida Vacation Rental?
My wife, Maria, and I have always shared a love for the beach. After a few too many long and cold winters up in New Jersey we were compelled to buy a home we could always get away to. We have always loved the Gulf Coast of Florida and after several visits to Manasota Key, we decided this would be the place for us! We enjoy visiting Manasota Key very much and we knew others would too. We began renting to others so we could share our experience and what we quickly realized was just how gratifying it was to help others have great vacations. We enjoyed this aspect immensely and had enough success at it, that we decided to purchase a second property, which we now share with others, as well.
2. How do you exceed your Guest’s Expectations? Why do they keep coming back?
Location and Customer Service are two of the main areas where we consistently exceed guest expectations.
On a gulf coast barrier island, conventional wisdom says that it is more desirable to be on the gulf side of the island, but we have proven that it is “Better on the Bay”! Just sit back on one of our lanais and watch the show. Start with a sunrise every morning. Observe non-stop activity on the water including boating, dolphins, manatees and other wildlife. Another benefit of life on the bay is free boat docking when you rent one of our units. Bring your boat, dock it and watch over it right from your unit! Our location is so perfect that when you park your car you truly do not have to get in again until your vacation is over! You will be a short walk away from the beach, the pool, waterfront dining, fishing, boating, need I go on? Our guests have consistently told us that, to their surprise, they ended up preferring life on the bay and we couldn’t agree more!
From the moment a potential guest inquires with us until after they complete their vacation with us, we are here for them! We take much care in accurately representing our properties on our online listings – so “what you see is what you get”. We know deciding on vacation accommodations is not easy. We pride ourselves in providing quick and informative answers to all of your questions to help you make your decision. During your stay, we have dedicated property managers, who live right on the island, available for you for any issues or perhaps just a simple recommendation on a place to eat or some favorite local activities.
3. Why are you Passionate about your Vacation Rentals?
We love to travel and when we do we always try to stay in “rental by owner” accommodations. We feel there is no better way to immerse ourselves in the destination. Rentals by owner allow you to be like and among the locals, not one of many tourists! We know the host can make or break our travel experience.
When we became hosts, we tried to provide all of the things that we appreciate when we travel. Our guests are putting their trust in us when they decide to spend their valuable time and money on a vacation and we take that responsibility very seriously. The gratification that comes with enabling someone to have a fantastic and memorable vacation and then want to come back and do it again with us, is absolutely priceless!
Staying in a vacation rental by owner type of property allows you to live like a local and leverage the host’s knowledge for a flawless and memorable vacation!
4. What are the Keys to Your Success that others may not know about?
We are a true family run business and we would have it no other way. We love our vacation rentals because they are our homes away from home. Maria and I own Bay Watch and Bay Breeze. Our local property managers (John’s brother) Joe and (sister-in-law) Carol own Bay Life and our good friend Kathy owns Palm View. Joe and Carol also lead our local guest experience program. Keeping it in the family helps ensure our guest experience is more attentive and personable. We strive to strike just the right balance between always being there for you while not hovering over you. Whatever the guest needs!
5. Why do you recommend your area for the perfect Florida vacation?
Manasota Key is the essence of the “Old Florida” experience. Just south of Sarasota, off the coast of Englewood, this barrier island is in perfect harmony with its surroundings. No traffic lights, no high rises, no deed restrictions, just a two-lane protected canopy road leading you towards swaying palms, an endless sandy beach, and the warm and calm waters of the Gulf of Mexico. Nearby Englewood and its historic Dearborn Street offer an eclectic variety of shops and restaurants. Manasota Key is the perfect place for those that would like to get away from it all yet has the convenience of nearby airports and other conveniences. If you enjoy casual waterfront dining you’ll love the numerous restaurants which are accessible by car or boat. At the south end of the island is Stump Pass State Park. Go there and swim with the dolphins, hunt for pre-historic shark’s teeth and fossils, or just watch the sunset into the Gulf of Mexico. We think this is the most natural barrier island remaining on the west coast of Florida!
6. What would be the perfect itinerary for a stay in your condo?
- Begin your week with the local beat of the Drum Circle every Sunday at sunset.
- Start each day by with some Beach Yoga at Englewood Public Beach.
- Take a long walk on the beach. Walk across the street to the beach and head south. Soon you will think you were transported to a remote Caribbean island as you enter Stump Pass State Park. Along the way, collect shells and prehistoric shark’s teeth.
- Boating / Fishing – bring your own boat or rent one locally, dock it with us and enjoy fishing or just exploring the natural beauty of Lemon Bay. You can also fish from our docks or from the beach right across the street.
- Rent bikes or try your hand at stand-up paddleboarding (even I can do it!)
- Walk to the several waterfront dining spots for lunch or dinner. It seems like there is always a happy hour and live music somewhere!
7. Describe your vacation rental experience in 3 words?
Relaxing, Comfortable, Therapeutic!
8. Who would you recommend your properties to?
- Couples – well, this place is pretty romantic!
- Snowbirds – the perfect place for winter away from the cold.
- Families – we have accommodations that are perfect for fun with the family.
9. Why do your properties stand out from the crowd?
- Waterfront locations.
- End unit positions.
- Free boat docking.
- Park your car and leave it there!
- Walk to the beach in 90 seconds.
- Walk to waterfront dining with happy hours and live music.
- Fish from our docks or from the beach.
- Heated pools are just steps away.
- We provide beach chairs and umbrellas.
- Well maintained properties… we renovate and update aspects or our properties annually.
Interested in visiting Manasota Key, Florida?
In addition to FLARBO Host of the Month, John Klein is also an Airbnb Superhost and VRBO Premiere Partner. You can view all of John and Marie’s properties here and take advantage of getting the best price directly with John through his FLARBO listings. Why book elsewhere when you can get the best price through Florida Rental By Owners?
Florida’s #1 Owner Preferred Website. No Traveler Fees, No Commissions, and Direct Communication with the Owner always gets you the best price.